food & beverage logistics uses thermal blankets to protect temperature-sensitive goods. These consist of reflective and insulating material, hung in the container to protect the loaded goods against significant temperature fluctuations. Loading of the container is still possible with a forklift truck, by hand, or with slip sheets, when thermal blankets are utilised. Pallet jackets can also be pulled over individual pallets.
To summarise the benefits of thermal blankets and pallet jackets:
- They protect goods against extreme heat or cold
- They flatten off temperature spikes during transport
- They minimise temperature fluctuations
- They provide additional protection against damage
- They reduce possible damage from damp